• Jose Lapierre
    I just got the keymander in the mail last night and have been unable to get it working. The mouse and keyboard would not work on the games even after going through and key binding everything and installing the software. I went on and found that firmware may be an issue, so when I went to download the firmware I kept receiving an error called "no HID device attached to the sub port (Code 4183) what does this mean and how can I fix my keymander to get it working properly.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Jose,

You mentioned you received it in the mail, so which online retailer did you purchase from? If it was Amazon or Newegg you will not need to update the firmware as they sell so fast all of their current inventory has the latest firmware.

To better help you we have a few questions:
    1. What game console are you on?
    2. If there is no keyboard or mouse function it is normally a sign of a poor connection between your controller and the KeyMander, or a sign that the controller is connected over Bluetooth. We can tell you what to check if we know which console you're using.
    3. Have you tried using a different micro USB cable to connect your controller to the KeyMander?
  • Jose Lapierre
    I'm using an xbox one and I have the controller plugged in with a old android charger, which could very well be the problem.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Bad or out of spec cables are the number one cause of the non-functioning keyboard and mouse issue. Please change your cable out to a known good quality charge and sync cable, then let us know.
  • Jose Lapierre
    the cable was the issue and the keymander is working great...thank you
  • chparmley
    Jose, I'm getting my keymander tomorrow. How are you liking it so far? Any setup tips?
  • Moderator [Derek]

Glad to hear it! Now that it's working, pracrtice up and then feel free to share your KeyMander gaming videos in our current contest for a chance to win some Kaliber Gaming gear!
  • Raorix
    The keymander itself is fantastic has really changed the way I myself enjoy my games on ps4 haven't had any issues setting it up mine came with latest firmware. It's so nice playing with m/kb again!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy