• ScottMetski
    Is there any specific way to simplify building, for example. Pulling up the blueprints to build & only pressing 1 button to get to the stairs which is usually the 3rd button in the button sequence to get there. Most PC players have their building keys to F1, F2, F3, and only have to press 1 key to build a certain object VS console players who HAVE to cycle to desired material object.. PLEASE HELP.
  • Mottflyer

The control sets that consoles and PCs have are different.

Consoles have a much smaller number of buttons to deal with so they need to optimise their control sets.

It's like this in Rainbow Six: Siege, The PC version allows you to lean your character at anytime; while the console version only allows you to lean when you ADS.

TL;DR: lack of buttons is the reason for this. You can't change it.
  • ScottMetski
    That's very strange because I have a friend with the XIM4 emulator & he's able to do so.. but he also said in his settings in game an "input" options comes up & lets him bind to how PC is on XB1. I've seen the "input" option before but only on a PS4 since it keyboard compatible. That Input option would defiantly solve my problem but won't appear on XB1 for me.
    Thanks for the information though, will have to continue researching.
  • Moderator [Marco]

After trying to make the adjustment on our side, we were not able to do so because when the game thinks you are using the controller it automatically changes the controls to "next piece" instead of choosing the direct piece. This is something that cannot be changed through the in game settings. Maybe try to get a little more information on your friends setup so we can get you going!
  • Moderator [Marco]

I was able to try out some Macros after this new feature was added and now we can set a Macro per building piece. The only down side is that you must be selected on your weapons to go directly to a build, if you are already building the Macros must be pressed twice to exit building and then go back directly to the piece needed. This is caused because of the mechanics of the game. Below are how the Macros should be set, you can add them to any key or button on the mouse that you would like.

NOTE: First make sure you go into Fortnite's settings and you turn on "Reset Building Choice"

Get into the Keymander software then select your profile and go to Macro settings

Wall: For this you do not need a Macro, you can just set "B" (xbox) or "Circle" (PS4) to whatever key/button that you would like using the normal button mapping page. Since it will always reset to the first build we do not need the Macro.

Platform: For this you will make a Macro that has the command B>RB (Xbox) or Circle>R1 (PS4). Then pick what key you want it binded to.

Stairs: Command will be B>RB>RB (Xbox) or Circle>R1>R1 (PS4)

Roof: Command will be B>RB>RB>RB (Xbox) or Circle>R1>R1>R1 (PS4)

Once these are set, save and upload. Next make sure you press F11 to turn on Macros.

If anyone finds a better way of mapping these Macros please post it !
  • Moderator [Derek]

In testing the macro reliability, I've found a little extra timing space between the recorded button presses helps quite a bit. The macro below is used on Xbox One to build stairs and as you can see the timing between button presses has been changed from the 50ms default value to 150ms. So far it has worked perfectly every time.

mjc1yn2rhp2n3jyu.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet