• Whoyodaddy
    I’ve been using the keymander now for about a year on Xbox with no issues. Recently I bought a PS4 and tried using it on it. There is an issue where it will randomly look at the floor and shoot or it will switch weapons. I switched back to my Xbox and the issue does not happen. I am also using a separate profile with ps4 controls and I’ve upgraded the firmware.
  • Moderator [Derek]

It's probably the profile you are using which may have a button conflict. Check the button for turn assist and turn it off. See if that solves the issue and let us know what profile you were using so we can fix it.
  • Whoyodaddy
    I am using the sample siege profile there aren't any conflicting buttons that I can see and its the same one im using on xbox without any issues. It happens if I dont even touch my keyboard every so often.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Are you using the most recent profile from 6/6?
    Attachment
    PS4 Rainbow Six Siege 6-6-2019.profile (133K)
  • Whoyodaddy
    Yes sir the profile you uploaded the updated one just with slight adjustments like tab for touch pad and shift to sprint and lean
  • Moderator [Derek]

I see I have a conflict on the Touchboard button with Tab also used for L1. Set Touchboard for something else and see if that helps. I will jump on our PS4 and check this out tomorrow. What mouse are you using?
  • Whoyodaddy
    Corsair mouse. I have no idea what is causing the issue and I noticed that conflict and changed it right away. But even if I don’t touch any controls after a while it will shoot or switch to my pistol and look at the floor. However I do not have any of these issues on Xbox.
  • Whoyodaddy
    One thing I noticed is when I plug my keymander into the PlayStation it recognizes it as a keyboard is this normal?
  • Moderator [Derek]

No, if the KeyMander is on and the controller is on, it should be recognized as a controller unless it is in Typing Mode (F9). Which Corsair mouse is it and what version of the KeyMander firmware is running on your KeyMander?
  • Whoyodaddy
    I’m running the newest firmware just re downloaded and updated it again with the same
    Issue still happening. It is not in typing mode.
    CORSAIR - GLAIVE RGB PRO FPS Mouse
  • Moderator [Derek]

We previously had a problem with the Glaive but it was fixed in our firmware version 1.3.122. Can you please try another mouse for comparison and let us know the results? I sent our Glavie to our engineering team to create the patch we have now, so I can't test it. If the other mouse is fine with the same setup, I'll have our engineering team look at the Glaive again to see if they did something to the current firmware that hurt compatibility.
  • Whoyodaddy
    I’ll try the other mouse I have and let you know thanks!
  • Whoyodaddy
    yep it’s the mouse which is weird because there’s no issues on Xbox even with the same firmware. Also unfortunate because my other mouse is definitely not for gaming super choppy and weird on siege
  • Moderator [Derek]

Ok, I will forward this to our engineering team to look at our patch. Thanks for the info!
  • Whoyodaddy
    Hey do you think you could possibly let me know when this issue is fixed or could you recommend me a good mouse that will work good for both consoles? One that’s not choppy. I love the glaive on Xbox but now I want to know what I can get that will do good on both.
  • jason schleicher
    I'm having a problem with connecting to PS4 as well. No problem with my Xbox only a problem with the PS4. It recognizes it as a keyboard and that is all. I've uploaded the profiles and the firmware is up to date.I've noticed that if the controller is plugged in to where it should be on the keymander it will not turn on. For it to work on my Xbox I have to have the software up on my laptop and then turn on the Xbox for it to work. I tried this on the PS4 to no avail. I hope this problem is solved soon cuz I was looking forward to using this on both systems.
  • jason schleicher
    I have resolved the problem I was having with the PS4 telling me that I cannot connect a PS3 wireless controller. I had connected a micro USB to the power jack in addition to being connected to the pc and the console as well as swapping the data sync cable that came with the keyboard mouse kit with the data sync cable that came with my Astro c40. I hope this helps anybody that is having trouble with this. Also I had went to the settings in my PS4 under (controllers), then (change communication method) to (use USB cable)
  • jason schleicher
    Now for one reason or another the keymander is turning off the keyboard and mouse. Not sure why all of these problems are happening but it works flawlessly with Xbox One. Hopefully they will update this soon but at this point I do not have much faith in this product .very frustrating
  • Moderator [Derek]

I'm sure we will be able to make a proper patch for it to work on the PS4 correctly as well.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Does the PS4 controller's LED light up orange or white or is it off while connected to KeyMander?
  • jason schleicher
    I wanted to post a update on the page having finally figured this thing out. I am playing in Play Mode
    now and it is working great. I purchased a whole keyboard & mouse IOGEAR keymander kit and the kb/m are backlit. I'm guessing the problem had something to do with not having enough power coming from my laptop and console only. So I tried hooking up an additional USB from the power jack on keymander to another USB jack on my laptop and it still gave me power issues. The lights on the kb/m were flickering and then just turning off all together. I had set the ds4 to USB connection only but it kept turning from green to blue to yellow and was also flickering. I figured out after reading some old threads that i could just run everything through my laptop in Play Mode.
    The light on the ds4 are off now. I'm guessing it's because it is fully charged and everything is working great now. I think this is a great product and in my opinion it matches up with the Xim Apex. This is coming from a gamer that has only played with controller on console. For anybody reading this they should know that is a great product. It takes patience and a lot of trial & error. After everything is set up finished, this is definitely worth every penny.

Thank you sir for you prompt response.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet