• big diglett
    My mouse does small jumps when I make tiny movements, I’ve tried deadzone and it wasn’t that. I messed with sensitivity and I’m not sure if that’s the problem. Here I attached a video.
    Attachment
    EE009169-3F5D-495C-8FD9-2323AD4637B2 (15M)
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Big,
    It looks like you have one of a few possible problems. First, what mouse are you using and what is the dpi setting you have programmed?
    What profile are you using?
  • big diglett
    I’m using the Logitech g203 my dpi in the keymander is it’s max 8000, I’ve been setting the mouse dpi to tons of different dpis but it had no effect. I’m using my own profile that isn’t to special just a edited version of yours
  • Moderator [Derek]

Ok, I just checked the specs on the G203 and it says the sensor has a max of 6000 dpi so if you have the KeyMander set to 8000 you need to set it to match the mouse. I'd recommend setting the KeyMander and your mouse to 5000dpi. Next, let's look at your profile. Can you post it? The stair-steppy movement is common with incorrectly adjusted deadzone combined with high mouse acceleration.
  • big diglett
    okay here you go
    Attachment
    overwatch.profile (1K)
  • Moderator [Derek]

Ok, I see the problem now. You have the deadzone set way too small and your sensitivity is so high I'm surprised your mouse doesn't feel sluggish. Normally a sensitivity that high in Overwatch will exceed the game's maximum turn speed (as explained here) and make the mouse feel delayed. I've been meaning to review our base Overwatch profile so I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if the settings are still OK for the most recent update, but I'd go back to our sample profile deadzone settings at least and start there for now. Try a mouse sensitivity of around 50 and start some accuracy drills to see if you can track accurately at that speed.
  • big diglett
    okay, yea I’ve tried multiple deadzones and from a certain point down didn’t seem to affect anything I tried the base profile and it still did it, it must of been the sensitivity, I’ll test it in a little bit I’m just away rn
  • Moderator [Derek]

Our profile probably needs adjustment as I just looked and there's been a major OW update since our last profile update. I'll try to get this updated for you tomorrow or at least get you smoothed out enough to find a setting that works for you.
  • big diglett
    thanks man, you’re a legend
  • big diglett
    okay so I did the settings and it sorta fixed it, it’s still kinda there
  • Moderator [Derek]

I'm working on updating our profile now, but it takes a while. I'll flag you when it's ready so you can try it out.
  • Moderator [Derek]

I'm still working on it but wanted to give you something to try. Make sure to use the in-game settings shown and if you like aim-assist turn it up and try these out.
  • big diglett
    they’re doing a maintenance rn of course, I don’t think it’s for aiming and stuff tho so it shouldn’t effect you guys, it’s for an event and workshop mode
  • big diglett
    okay so it works fine but I was wondering if there was a way I can speed up the sensitivity? I figure that would mess it up. But exponential ramp makes it to where it slows down fast turning
  • big diglett
    I wish I could turn quicker because there’s no way I’m able to turn in people
    Attachment
    58379344550__C13313F8-49A8-4675-A86E-99BFA8FB52C4 (219K)
  • Eduardo
    Make The sensitivity higher 5 increments at a time to see if that makes any difference
  • Moderator [Derek]

If you want faster turn speed there are a few things you can do, but keep in mind that high turn speed will also mean higher aim speed, so make sure you can still track your targets at the increased speeds. That said, you can add a bit to the acceleration, try increasing in values of two and see if you can turn fast but still track your shots at normal speeds. You can also play with the curve and increase your speed at the later half of the turn by moving the dot at the arrow up to the line in the image below:
    0qax8i5ehpj5j4vr.jpg

If you really want to fine tune, use the custom curve function and make a curve similar to the one on the profile, then focus on moving the dots in the circled area to find a balance between high turn speed and accurate shot tracking. It takes some time to learn, but it is the best way to really fine tune your profile.
    ruy2qlfrj6x4j1np.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet