• nosaj03
    I set up the keymander on my son's ps4. I updated the firmware. The keyboard works but can't use the mouse. Is there something I need to do when setting up the key binds on the app? Does the mouse he will be using need to be connected to the keymander when updating on the PC? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Nosaj03,
    Does the keyboard only work on the menus or does it allow all normal functions in-game as well? If it only works in menus then there are a couple possible issues but first lets check the most common problem which is the micro-USB cable connection to the controller. If the PS4 controller light is blue that means the controller is not connected over USB and either the cable is not a data cable, is defective, not fully connected or the connector on the controller has an issue. You can test this using the method described here.
  • nosaj03

The mouse is recognized on the PS4. The keyboard works in game, the console menu and the game menu. What color should the light be on the controller once connected to the Keymander? Based on the page you linked me to, should I be connecting the controller to the slot designated for the controller or to the usb cable provided that is linked to the console?
  • Moderator [Derek]

The controller should be connected to KeyMander's Gamepad port and NOT to the console. The controller will change to a yellowish color when connected by USB, and you should be able to also choose USB connection in the PS4 Settings menu.
  • nosaj03
    The controller is connected directly to the Gamepad port. It lights up orange but is still not recognized on the console or in the game. Everything else works perfectly. We were able to map the keybinds in the application but the mouse still isn't recognized in game.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Do you have the newer Dual Shock 4 style controller (CUH-ZCT2)? If so, did you go to Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method and select USB as seen below?
    dlg8lk0wmqecbh1z.jpg
  • Moderator [Derek]

Just to confirm, you have the 3-ended cable with the micro USB connected to the controller, the USB connected to the KeyMander's Gamepad port, and the mini USB not connected, correct?
  • nosaj03
    That is correct. I have it connected the same way as displayed in the link.
  • Moderator [Derek]

It sounds like you have the controller connected correctly and the PS4 in the correct mode so that leaves the mouse. What mouse are you using, have you checked it against our compatibility page and have you tried a different one?
  • nosaj03
    He is using the Razer Death Adder
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Nosaj03,
    Your DS4 controller light should power on orange then look like this if it is in USB mode:
    e02a90o7oc61q3z2.jpg

If it is and all the keyboard functions (jump, crouch, move all directions, etc.) are working correctly in game but the Death Adder has no function at all, there's only two things left we can check. First, we can try another mouse to see if there is some strange issue with this one or we can exchange the KeyMander to see if it is a USB problem mouse port. However, we do 100% QC on these at the factory and I have NEVER seen or heard of one with a bad USB mouse port, but just because it is unlikely doesn't mean it can't happen. Do you have another mouse, even an old desktop PC mouse we can use to see if it works before we try to exchange this one?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment