• Andrew F
    Ive tried multiple cables on my keymander, a power brick, different pc but no matter what I just get the same "no HID" error. ive looked threw many other posts and nothing works. in my devices i only see CS410 which might be the problem but everyone else sees Gamepad emulator or something like that. I might also point out that all three LEDs on my keymander blink. Please help me ASAP, the last time I used this was in early 2018 and I havent upgraded firmware since 2017.
  • Andrew F
    i get error code 4134 aswell
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Andrew, our most common update problem comes from not unzipping the firmware .zip file before trying to update, since recent versions of Windows let you "see" into the .zip file as if it is open without actually unzipping it. This normally causes a failed update which ends in the flashing blue Power LED which is sounds like you have.

Your case may have been different, since it sounds like you are skipping over previous versions of firmware which would normally require you to use the direct updated instead of the tool built into the KeyMander software. In any case it seems your KeyMander now needs to be restored due to the failed update, so please follow the steps here.
  • Andrew F
    I did unzip it, and i also restored my keymander many times. Ive been through over 20 different forums and nothings seemed to work
  • tuto
    Hi, sorry for my English, :( Same problem, i'v try to update to the last firmware after a long time away from the console and boom get all leds flashing problem. I did the reset procedure tons of times with an older firmware, fallowing Derec's instructions from another topic i think, the lights stop blinking end the keymander gets recognized by the software but doesn't not work propedly. The mouse doesn't work and only the arrows on the keyboard. And if i try to update (dancing lights again)

There is a cronology of all the firmwares updates release?? in order to update progresively hoping to resolve the problem.

Thanks
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Andrew,
    When you restored it did it give you the successful notification at the end? If not, what did it do?
  • Andrew F
    When i restored it only the power light blinked, and i trued to upgrade firmware and it failed
  • Andrew F
    Tried about 20 times
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Tuto,
    If the arrow keys are working the KeyMander is in Typing Mode. Press F9 and see if you hear two beeps and the flashing orange LED should turn off. Please check and confirm what you see.
  • Moderator [Derek]

We can walk you through this step by step here or if you message me your phone number I can ask one of our tech support people to call you and walk you through over the phone which will probably be faster.
  • Andrew F
    Im at work rn and will be here for 6 more hours so it will have to wait until another day
  • tuto
    Hi Derek, I didn't know anything about this typing mode but the light is not on. When I hit the F9 key I hear the two beeps, it turn ON flashing in orange but nothing change even if is OFF. There is a way to get all the updates and try to update progressively?
    Thanks
  • Moderator [Marco]

When light is flashing the controller binds should be disabled on the keyboard. What game were you playing when you tested this?

What version firmware are you running?
  • xtakeroflifex
    hey i sent you a email. I wanted to talk about the iphone app that a wip
  • tuto
    Hi Marco, I'm running 1.2.117 I've fallow the instructions from an old post of Derek to reset it. It was dead with all the lights blinking after a long time away from the console, I tried to update with the last firmware and boom error. 1.2.117 is the only firmware that I being able to load without having error.

I've been trying with COD but also on the console menu only the arrows and the space bar are working. In the past I've never touched the gamepad to navigate on the console menu. I just turn on the console and use the keyboard and mouse right away.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Send me a message and a good time to call and we can help you get running.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Tuto,
    You don't need to use the gamepad to navigate the console menus. KeyMander has two operational modes for the keyboard, Gaming Mode where the keyboard emulates the controller functions for actual game play, and Typing Mode where the keyboard acts like a normal keyboard so you can enter passwords, game codes, chat, etc. The F9 key switches between the two modes with Gaming Mode being the default setting (no LED) and Typing Mode showing a flashing orange LED. However, you said there was no LED so I believe the KeyMander is actually not seeing your controller which is most commonly caused by a non-data micro-USB cable, but can also be caused by a bad connector on the cable or controller. Try a different charge and sync cable and see if the problem is resolved.

What console are you on?
  • Moderator [Derek]

Certain older firmware versions before V1.3.122 may show an error when attempting to update to V1.3.123 or it may fail during the update process. If it fails and the Power LED begins blinking slowly, see below. If it fails and the Power LED is off completely, skip down to Power LED off.

If the firmware update fails and the Power LED is slowly blinking:
    1. Disconnect the KeyMander from everything.
    2. Connect both supplied mini-USB cables to USB ports on your PC.
    3. Make sure you have downloaded the most recent KeyMander firmware .zip file and have extracted it to the same location where your KeyMander software file is located.
    4. Take a paperclip or similar thin pointed object and use it to press and hold the reset button on the KeyMander. Don't let go of the reset button!
    5. While holding the reset button, connect a mini-USB cable from the PC to the KeyMander's Power port (Yes, I know it's difficult to fumble around while holding the button). The blue power LED should be flashing.
    6. While still holding the reset button, connect the other mini-USB cable from the PC to the KeyMander's PC port.
    7. After the PC port is connected to the PC, wait 5 seconds and release the reset button. The blue LED should stop flashing and light solid. If the blue LED is still flashing, with both mini-USB cables still connected, press and release the reset button one time. The LED should light solid.
    8. Browse to the location in your computer where you have extracted the most recent KeyMander firmware file (GE1337P_FW_V1.3.123.exe).
    9. Double click the file to open the Firmware Upgrade Utility and run it WITHOUT using the KeyMander software.
    10. Follow the on-screen prompts until it is complete.
    If you receive an error saying "No HID device attached to the USB port (code: 4183)" it means the KeyMander's PC port is not seen by your PC. Check your cable to make sure it is completely inserted into the KeyMander port and has a good connection, or switch to a different USB port on your PC.
    11. Disconnect the KeyMander's PC and Power ports and wait 10-15 seconds.
    12. Reconnect the KeyMander's PC and Power ports.
    13. Open the KeyMander software (Do not open the firmware file again) and if all is well the KeyMander will connect like normal.

If the firmware update fails and the Power LED is off:
    1. Disconnect the KeyMander from everything.
    2. Connect both supplied mini-USB cables to USB ports on your PC.
    3. Make sure you have downloaded the most recent KeyMander firmware .zip file and have extracted it to the same location where your KeyMander software file is located.
    4. Take a paperclip or similar thin pointed object and use it to press and hold the reset button on the KeyMander. Don't let go of the reset button!
    5. While holding the reset button, connect a mini-USB cable from the PC to the KeyMander's Power port (Yes, I know it's difficult to fumble around while holding the button). The blue power LED should be flashing.
    6. While still holding the reset button, connect the other mini-USB cable from the PC to the KeyMander's PC port.
    7. After the PC port is connected to the PC, wait 5 seconds and release the reset button. The blue LED should stop flashing and light solid.
    8. Open the KeyMander software, go to the Help tab and update using the Firmware Update tool.
  • tuto
    Hi Derek I'm on Xbox one S. By the way now that you mentioned it I have changed the game pad cable. Maybe is just a charging cable. I will try another one tonight
  • tuto
    Dude it was the f..... cable I was getting crazy. A million thanks bro. By the way I'm running 1.2.117 just fine.
  • Moderator [Derek]

There are two kinds of cables, the charge only cables that come with wireless controller packs and charge&sync cables which have an extra wire inside for passing data.

I highly recommend updating to the new firmware when you can as there have been MANY major improvements since that version you are currently running. Because you mentioned this old firmware we loaded it into our test KeyManders and did an update test to see if there would be any issues going from a version that old to current. We found that the normal update process may fail since it skips so many revisions, however I wrote that post above with directions specifically for your situation. If you follow the normal update procedure and it fails, follow the steps above and you will be fine.
  • Andrew F
    When my keymander fails to update all of the lights are blinking what does that mean?
  • Moderator [Derek]

It means we need to start with the Restore procedure. How far did it get in the upgrade process before you got the failure message? If it went all the way to the end and failed we should be able to go to these steps in the post above.
    If the firmware update fails and the Power LED is off:Moderator [Derek]
    Let me know if this causes the LEDs to stop flashing and Power to light solid. Are you starting with both mini-USB cables connected to the PC, one to the Power Port and one to the PC Port?
  • Andrew F
    I have restored it many many times, and when i do restore it my power LED just blinks, so then i try to update firmware and it gets to about 4/5 and fails error code 4134 and every LED is blinking again. Been trying this for over a week now thinking that it will eventually work but it l never has
  • Moderator [Derek]

Let me try to make this easier for you. How about I have you send it in and I upgrade it for you and send it back? Would that work? Please check your messages.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.