• jessie
    when I'm on my pc and open the application it just stays loading and never lets me actually use it.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Jessie,

That means the PC is not seeing the KeyMander connected. Do you have both mini-USB cables connected? There are three ways to connect:
    1. Connect the one cable between the PC port and your PC. Connect the other cable between the Game port and the console.
    2. Connect the one cable between the PC port and your PC. Connect the other between the Power port and a USB power supply, like a wall charger for a smart phone or tablet.
    3. Connect both cables to the PC: one to the PC port and the other to the Power port.

If the KeyMander power light is on, the PC should connect and the app will be able to open. If the KeyMander is not powered up, or if it is powered but the PC is not connected to the PC port, the app will not open.
  • jessie
    It sees it and I can press it and it will open but then it just stays at a loading screen.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Do you see a screen that looks like this?
    68t5je9lg8iy3qc5.jpg

If so, does it change to this when KeyMander is connected:
    kkxzcjwf1vz7gs1v.jpg

If so, what happens when you click on it to begin?
  • jessie
    Looks like the first one and doesn't change after that. I re-did the series of plug ins and still no change.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Just to make sure, you are seeing the KeyMander power light on like in the photo below, correct?
    Power%20light_zpstdnzdnip.PNG
    If the light is on and you are only seeing the software go to the first screen, that means the software is not seeing the KeyMander. The first time you connect KeyMander to the PC it can take several minutes on older PCs before the software connects, because the PC's device manager must first recognize the KeyMander as a USB device connected to the computer. If I cannot get a KeyMander to connect after several minutes it is normally because I'm trying to connect through a USB hub or USB extension cable which can cause issues.

If the KeyMander is connected through a USB hub, disconnect and connect it directly to the PC. After the device is registered in the device manager and the KeyMander software connects, you can then usually go back to using it with the hub.

If the KeyMander is NOT connected through a hub or extension cable, do the following:
    1. Reverse the two cables plugged into the KeyMander. If they are in the wrong ports the software will not connect.
    2. Move the KeyMander to a different USB port on the computer. If your computer has front and rear ports, try moving to the back if you are currently plugged into the front, and vice versa.
    Attachment
    Power light_zpstdnzdnip (661K)
  • Pulse
    I can't see your images I get this photobucket.com/p500 (update your account to 3rd party hosting)

Its easier to just run the images on a site folder then link them to the page.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Photobucket changed their hosting rules and now we are working to change over. We are hoping to have this resolved shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • kyle
    I am having the same issue, its stuck on the loading screen
  • Moderator [Marco]
    When the software is stuck on the loading screen that means that the PC does not detect the Keymander.

Below are steps on how to get your PC to detect the PC.

1. Connect the one cable between the PC port and your PC. Connect the other cable between the Game port and the console.
    2. Connect the one cable between the PC port and your PC. Connect the other between the Power port and a USB power supply, like a wall charger for a smart phone or tablet.
    3. Connect both cables to the PC: one to the PC port and the other to the Power port.

It is also possible that your PC is still installing drivers for the Keymander, double check and make sure that it is not stuck looking for "Windows updates" if so just select "skip" then the drivers should finish installing.
  • manuboy
    For anybody that might stumble upon this in the future, if this is your first time using Iogear's Keymander and you have the infinite loading screen you want to go back to where you downloaded all 3 drivers from their site and click on GE1337P_SW and upgrade the keymander. Usually it should do it on it's own but this is how I fixed mine.
  • jaebyrd96
    I'm having the same issue but I'm using a Mac. I finally got windows 10 to work correctly but now it's just loading and won't open. I've tried all of the options above and still it just continues to load
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi jaebyrd96,
    We don't have a Mac OS solution right now. Others have tried various workarounds, but nothing is perfect. We will have an iOS app for use with KeyMander as soon as our Android app is finished. We should be working on the iOS beta in April and I will announce a beta test group then if you are interested in joining.
  • mekhi
    If anybody is having this problem please look at where your wires are at. My software only showed the loading screen and never even said ready, it was just stuck on the spinning loading screen. The cords on the back (where it shows POWER/PC/GAME) make sure your cords are connected to (PC & GAME) The update they had a while back ago required me to put my cord from my laptop to (POWER) and the cord from my xbox one to (GAME). I changed the cord that is connected to my laptop to the one that says (POWER) and now all 3 lights lit up and its working now. For me it was a simple change that fixed my problem
  • mekhi
    (where it shows POWER/PC/GAME) make sure your cords are connected to (PC & GAME) The update they had a while back ago required me to put my cord from my laptop to (POWER) and the cord from my xbox one to (GAME). I changed the cord that is connected to my laptop to the one that says (POWER) and now all 3 lights lit up and its working now. For me it was a simple change that fixed my problem
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy