• WussySmurf
    XBox 1s, Destiny 2, 2 different keyboards, Steelseries 300 mouse. I'm attempting to bind right-click to move forward. I have stick forward bound to the P key and right-click bound to the P key. All is well until I attempt to jump, strafe, or sprint, at which time the forward command is cancelled and the new command activates. If I'm moving forward and attempt to jump, it just stops and jumps straight up. If I'm moving forward and strafe left, it quits moving forward and strafes left. If I use the keyboard, everything works fine, no cancellation of movement. I also tried a macro to bind mouse right to left stick up and it reacts the same. Any suggestions?
  • Moderator [Marco]

I haven't seen this issue before, can you post the profile so I can try recreate it on our side.
  • jonfoley
    hey could you reply to my issue please?
  • WussySmurf
    Here it is.
    Attachment
    common.profile (1K)
  • WussySmurf
    Note to above: I was attempting different fixes and just noticed I left the right mouse button Macro'd to left up. Right mouse was bound to P before that. It worked the same both ways, no change.
  • Moderator [Marco]

Ok thank you and to clarify this happens on any game correct?
  • WussySmurf
    This is my 1st xbox and the 1st and only game I'm attempting...it may be my last. I hate the xbox controller. If I can't get this working correctly, there may be a used xbox for sale soon.
  • Moderator [Derek]

The key bindings in your profile are very unusual. What game are you playing?
  • WussySmurf
    Destiny 2. I can't do the basics of moving forward with any other movement without canceling the forward movement. I don't know if shooting stops the forward command. I'm not at the xbox right now.
  • Moderator [Derek]

You should not experience anything cancelling the movement as you describe, which leads me to believe there is a hardware conflict of some kind. I'm guessing your mouse is the Rival which should not have any problems, so please let us know what keyboard you are using.
  • WussySmurf
    I started with a Microsoft keyboard and encountered the problem. I then attempted using my Razer Deathstalker keyboard and had the same results. I aslo tried using my Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse and had the same problem.
  • WussySmurf
    BTW the Steelseries is a Rival 300. I attempted 2 different ways to bind all this together. 1) I assigned left forward to P, then used the Steelseries 3 engine software to bind the right-click to P. 2) I attempted to bind right-click to left forward via a macro setting. Both ways ended with the same result.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Ok, that's very odd. The Deathstalker has anti-ghosting keys so it isn't the keyboard causing this. Did you have this same problem with the sample Destiny 2 profile?
  • WussySmurf
    I didn't mess with the sample much. I watched the tutorial and read a lot of troubleshooting tips and thought this should be a straight forward bind. It appears by your surprise at my situation that it should have been. I'll find the download and attempt it tonight.
  • WussySmurf
    OK, as I said, I'm new here! I can find a Destiny 2 curve profile but not a Destiny 2 profile. The curve profile seems to have something to do with a mouse adjustment. Is the Destiny profile the same as Destiny 2?
  • WussySmurf
    I found the profile. Yes, same results. I went to the Steelseries software and bound the right-click to W. I move and attempt to strafe, or jump and it cancels the W command. If I go with keyboard only, it works fine
  • Moderator [Derek]

Yes, it should be a very easy setup to use the KeyMander software to set your key bindings, even if you don't use our sample profile.

Let me make sure I understand completely. You are using the Steelseries software to create a key binding on the mouse instead of using the KeyMander software to do it?

No worries on being new here, and welcome to the forum!
  • WussySmurf
    That is correct with the exception of attempting a macro to bind right-click to left forward on the control diagram.
  • WussySmurf
    I have been messing around with the KeyMander software again, because you seem surprised by my use of the Steelseries software to bind a letter or key assigned to move forward (left up stick). I have not been able to find a place within the KeyMander software to bind a mouse button to a keyboard key, only to specific controller buttons or stick movements. The only thing I could do within the KeyMander software was to bind the mouse right-click to the left forward stick via the macro settings. The only way I could bind the mouse right-click was to do it with the mouse software. I've tried it again both ways...same result. All keys, strafing, jumping, crouching, and sprinting cancel the forward movement.
  • Moderator [Derek]

I tested the profile you sent, and aside from having difficulty with the layout of the key bindings, everything worked without any pausing or interruption of movement, etc. Are those key bindings actually how you wanted to play, or just random testing? The reason I ask is so I can create and test a profile that I will layout to function the way you want, and then you can see if it works or has issues with your setup.
  • WussySmurf
    That's the setup I'm used to. I set it up in the Quake days and have used it since.
  • WussySmurf
    Hey Derek, you said you tested the setup I posted and had no problems. I have 2 questions:

1. Were you using a Steelseries mouse with the Steelseries software?
    2. How did you bind the right-click? With the Steelseries software or the Keymander software?

I'd like to get this working this weekend if it's possible. I'm curious as to why yours works and mine has problems! I got with Steelseries and they say the firmware's up to date.
  • WussySmurf
    If you could answer the above 2 questions I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • WussySmurf
    After a lot of messing with this setup, I found it works in simulation mode with the mouse connected to the laptop, but when I move the mouse from the laptop to the Keymander, it causes the problem. Do I have to keep the laptop hooked up?
  • Moderator [Marco]

Sounds like the mouse needs to detect a computer for it to work properly. Running it via simulation/play mode would be the best option.
  • WussySmurf
    OK, I've tried this and it's unusable! I have to hook the mouse to the laptop and use the laptop keyboard and the Keymander software to make this work, it's annoying. You said you had it working without the laptop, can you tell me the mouse you're using? Were you using the configuration I sent you? I've been working this for over a month, I can't believe it can't be done!
  • WussySmurf

Previously posted, you stated:

I tested the profile you sent, and aside from having difficulty with the layout of the key bindings, everything worked without any pausing or interruption of movement, etc.Moderator [Derek]
    Can you please tell me the keyboard/mouse brands you used to test the configuration and was there a computer attached during testing or was the keyboard/mouse connected directly to the Keymander?

Thanks.
  • Moderator [Marco]

We test with our Kaliber Gaming mice, the one we used were the GME660 Retikal and GME670 Fokus. This was done with and without a laptop.
  • WussySmurf
    Kaliber keyboards also?
  • Moderator [Marco]

GKB710L
    GKB704L-BK

All of our Kaliber gaming line is compatible with the keymander.

https://www.iogear.com/solutions/gaming/?view=1136
  • WussySmurf
    THANKS! THAT'S WHAT I NEEDED!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal