• Moderator [B]
    Would you like to see a feature for the KeyMander that is not currently available? Let us know.
  • Code kill
    Is there a way to set up no weapon recoil on games with keymander?
  • Moderator [Derek]

There is no way to do this with KeyMander as it would require code level access to most games. In games like Battlefield and Call of Duty, the recoil is a randomly applied directional value to prevent external means of removing recoil with programmable macros, etc. I'm not aware of any current way to do this for console games.
  • Mottflyer
    I had already posted this in general by accident. Rainbow Six: Siege doesn't allow you to sprint at 45 degree angles; I also can't move slowly in the game either because of WASD having a fixed speed, so had this concept:
    C-3DKiFWAAALKuj.jpg
  • Philip
    The option to simply turn off acceleration maybe?
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Philip,
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. Console games are all built with a degree of acceleration to make the games playable with joysticks, but along with that acceleration comes a maximum turning speed that when reached, feels like negative acceleration. To make matters worse, the acceleration can be variable, meaning it is applied according to a response curve created by the game designers to provide a certain control "feel." The problem becomes compounded by the deadzone added in so that old controllers with drooping sticks don't cause unwanted movement. This deadzone can cause small/slow movements of the mouse to go unregistered, resulting in a jagged movement feel when trying to snipe small targets at long distances in FPS games. It is for these reasons we have so much adjustability in the KeyMander software, allowing us to offset acceleration or add it when needed to help offset slower maximum turn speeds. Here's a post on the subject if you would like a more complete answer.

In any case, simply setting up KeyMander with a basic profile and spending a little time practicing will make you a proficient player very quickly, but spending time tweaking profiles for your style of play makes the difference between being competitive and being dominant.
  • Solomon
    Is there a way that I can use the side buttons on my mouse without having input lag to where I see actions on the screen 5 seconds after I do them. I use a razer manna mouse. Btw , I use this on console.
  • Moderator [Derek]

What action are you trying to do? Is it a macro?
  • Solomon
    I figured it out thanks for your help
  • Philip
    Couldyou add a feature to mapp multiple keys to one controller button?
  • Moderator [Derek]

I agree it does help games like that have multiple commands mapped to a single controller button, like Rainbow Six: Siege, where sprint and lean left are mapped to LC, and melee and lean right are mapped to RC.

I already have that request in to our engineering team and hope to have it added to one of our next two builds. We have a pretty big new feature coming soon in our next build, so it may be the following build, but either way we will have it.
  • Ryan O
    Is there a way to switch profiles without using F1, F2, etc? If there isnt, would you guys consider adding it by like just pressing normal keys such as Z or C since I my keypad (Razor Tartarus Chroma) doesnt have those
  • Mottflyer

Can't you bind a function key to the gameboard?

If you can't, just have a keyboard next to your gameboard like me.
  • Moderator [Derek]

That is already part of my requested features for exactly the reason you mentioned. If your Tartarus can reassign a function key binding to another key as Mottflyer suggested, that is the best workaround for now.
  • Shietbro
    Is there way to edit code for keymander, like when in call of duty I have a grenade in my hand and instead of me having to throw it, it can be programed to were the grenade will release by it self before detonating??
  • Moderator [Derek]

No, we do not have the ability to change the game's code. KeyMander can only adapts the controller signals to work with a keyboard and mouse.
  • Shietbro
    That's fine just wondering
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.