• Genji
    My 2 controllers are so broken with the keymander, my 1st controller would get slightest touch and it would go to a beeeeeeep in my headphones then says reconnect controller so I would have to disconnect the controller and reconnect, this issue bothered me... so I went and bought a new controller and wire. Out of nowhere the whole keymander shuts down when I plug in my 2nd controller... It completely shuts down.. it’s really Aggravating!! I loading up to a game and of course the reconnect controller pops up and then it SHUT OFF MY GAME!!! Why!? Please
  • Moderator [Marco]

For the Keymander to work with an Xbox One it must be used with a wireless controller and a charge and sync cable.
    The new controller you purchased was it an official Microsoft controller?
  • Genji
    yes it's a official Microsoft controller
  • Moderator [Marco]

Currently with the new WIRELESS controller, you still get zero lights on the Keymander?

does this only happen when you connect the controller or even if the controller wasn't connected?
  • Moderator [Derek]

What do you have connected to your Xbox One, and what mouse and keyboard are connected to your Xbox One?

Take the batteries out of your controller and try connecting to your KeyMander. Do not connect any other controllers to your Xbox at this time.
  • Genji
    I have my xb1 connected to game nothing else, besides the keyboard and mouse. I just tried plugging it in without battery and same thing.... it turns everything off. Then the keymander itself starts buzzing
  • Genji
    The Xbox don't trun off but the keymander does
  • Moderator [Derek]
    Hi Genji, sorry for the delay as we missed your update. You currently have only the KeyMander connected to the Xbox and the keyboard, mouse and controller connected to the KeyMander, correct?
    If that is correct and you are having shut down issues on the KeyMander, what keyboard and mouse are you using?

Generally a shutdown is caused by only a couple things:
    1. If you have a keyboard that draws too much current, such as a Corsair K95, it will cause the KeyMander to shutdown because the power consumption is more than what KeyMander can provide. The simple solution for lack of power is to connect a second mini-USB cable to the KeyMander's power port and plug the USB end into a USB power supply like those used for smartphones and tablets. Youy could also connect it to a PC or even an extra port on the Xbox if there are two open USB ports.

2. If you remove the batteries from the XB1 controller and have problems with the controller shutting down but the KeyMander still has lights, there is a problem getting power to the controller. This can be cause by a defective cable between your controller and KeyMander, or a defective connector on your controller which I've seen happen a few times when controllers are dropped while the cable is plugged in.

You can check both solutions and see if either solves your problem. Please let us know.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy