• Duuvah
    Good evening,

I am unable to post this in the help and support section, please move this post if necessary.

Keyboard /mouse/controler setup:

• Keyboard: Razor Ornata (Not on compatible device list, and also has a green led back light)
    • Mouse: Razor Naga (On the compatible device list)
    • Xbox One
    • Standard Xbox one wireless controller
    • Keymander power was plugged into the usb port on my laptop.

Problem:

I just got my Keymander today. I was setting up a Smite profile and I pressed F11 instead of F12 to return from simulation mode. The game froze, the sound on my Xbox went all Super Nintendo cartridge freeze alert on me, the lights on the keymander went out, and a spinning loading wheel appeared on the keymander software.

I unplugged everything, plugged the keymander in to a usb port on my laptop by itself and no lights. The keymander is not detected by windows either.

I plugged the controller into the keymander while the keymander was connected to the computer and the controller buzzed but no lights on the keymander. Not even a power light.

Everything was working perfect. I played for 5 hours straight and when I pressed F11 the keymander went dark.

Thank you for reading my post any help, other than the dreaded words " Congratulations, you have overdrawn your Keymander's power limit and fried it", will be much appreciated.
  • Duuvah
    Update: I tried the firmware recovery. I can complete the process but when I plug the KM back up to the power source and to the pc I still get no lights and no device recognition sound.
  • Moderator [Derek]

I haven't tested the Ornata, but I don't believe it has a USB hub or anything that would cause an exceedingly high current draw so it should not be over current issues. I'm not sure what would cause it to go dark unless the USB port suddenly lost power on the Xbox. Out of curiosity, do you have an external drive or anything else connected to the Xbox console?

Try this, connect both cables that came with the KeyMander directly to your PC. Connect one cable to the Power port and the other to the PC port. You should get a blue light when connecting the Power port. If the light is flashing, it needs to go through firmware recovery. If the light is on but it does not connect to the PC (spinning green circle) it is not communicating with the PC. Move the cable connected to the KeyMander's PC port to a different USB port on your PC. You may have to wait up to 2 minutes for the USB to recognize the KeyMander if it has never been connected to that port.
  • Duuvah

No external peripherals connected, But turns out the battery in my controller will not hold a charge, I did not realize this until today. I usually use my razer wildcat control when playing my xbox. I only started using the wireless controller when I got the keymander.

I tried the steps you mentioned above, but still no lights, not even a power light.
  • Duuvah
    if I unplug the PC cable and not the power after a firmware update, the blue power light will keep flashing. After I unplug the power the blinking power light goes out, and when I plug the power back in no lights, no detection by windows 10, when I reconnect the pc cable.
  • Duuvah
    If I plug up both cords, and hold the reset button the blue power light comes on and flashes continually and will not go off.
  • Duuvah
    ****UPDATE****!!!!

I was able to fix it, I installed 1.2.117. Plugged the keymander back up, power light came on and stayed on. I connected the PC cable, windows detected the keymander. Started Keymander software, Upgraded to the current version of the keymander software. Keyboard and mouse work!
  • frankmillerx
    Same thing is happening to me, tried to uninstall firmware and software but can't update anything no lights are going on.
  • frankmillerx
    Shit is driving me crazy, out of no where this happens. Light only turns on when i plug it in and hold reset. This is frustrating!!!!!!!!
  • frankmillerx
    I installed the same version as you now, and then clicked firmware update - now its reading and the lights are blinking. I pressed the reset button while power-->PC and pc-->pc instead of leaving them unplugged. Lights are blinking, firmware is updating now and lets see how it goes. I am going to call tomorrow I want to know why this happened and make sure I don't have a faulty keymander.. Paid a good $200 for a setup to work with this adapter.

IT worked like how i STATED above
  • Duuvah

Your keymander works now? If so, I am glad my frantic gaming addiction induced troubleshooting was able to help!! :)

***Update***

I played battle front 1 for several hours yesterday and everything works "Like Butta".

*****Here is a more coherent step by step fix to try when your keymander goes dark***

Prerequisite: Plug both the POWER and PC cables into usb ports on your PC. Connect the POWER and PC cables to the designated ports on the keymander (NOTE: leave the POWER and PC cables attached to keymander until the firmware upgrade recovery step is complete).

1) Download firmware version: 1.2.117 Posted By Moderator Derek HERE

2) Extract firmware upgrade 1.2.117 to folder on your desktop (Name it what you like)

3) Using the firmware upgrade 1.2.117 you extracted to a folder on your desktop, follow the steps for the firmware upgrade recovery located HERE

4) After the firmware upgrade recovery is complete, attach all cords to their proper ports on the keymander, pc, and Xbox.

5) Run the keymander software, click help at the top right hand side of the screen, click upgrade, browse to the location of the most recent release of the keymander firmware upgrade, or download it HERE,

6) Let the firmware upgrade complete and you should be up and running.

NOTE: I use a separate usb power adaptor for the keymander, I no longer us my pc usb port for power, both my Razer Naga and Razer Ornata have led lights, so I thought this would be a better option. I got this idea from one of the Moderators, as they were troubleshooting another user's issue.

Happy Gaming everyone!
  • Moderator [Derek]

Thank you for the update! Glad to hear you got it working!
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Frank,
    What keyboard and mouse are you using? We have seen several issues where certain keyboards were drawing too much current, and finally the KeyMander or console USB port shut down, causing a firmware corruption. We have been able to recover every single one of these, but after recovery they need to use the second mini USB cable between the KeyMander's Power port and console as Duuvah mentioned. This supplies extra current to keep up with the demands of certain keyboard/mouse combinations.
  • Duuvah

The Ornata works great. The only issue I have is switching to use my keyboard and mouse on my pc by pressing F12. I can use the F9 functionality fine.
  • TJDOOGAN
    This is the most frustrating thing ive ever delt with why is this so complicated... I feel like I am decently tech savy but this thing makes no sense ive reset this thing several times and continue to get a blue blinking light and I cant seem to get it to do anything else. It says the firmware is up to date but I update it anyway then when I open the software nothing happens it just spins endlessly. Super annoyed someone help me out please....... Have been looking everywhere and other people say they have this problem but never give the solution..... HELP
  • Moderator [Marco]

If you have the power light blinking that means it is waiting for a firmware upgrade, try just connecting the keymander to the computer, once the light starts to flash run the firmware upgrade on its own without the software. It should pick up the keymander.
  • Isaiah Oberg
    I did all of this and it worked until it said the keymander has stopped working and my laptop closed out the application.
  • Moderator [Marco]

Have you tried it again since it happened? Are you getting zero lights on the keymander?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy