• Stefan
    I have my controller plugged into my Keymander 2 with the usb cable. But my controller keeps turning off randomly.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Stefan,
    You are in the original KeyMander forum. You need to go to the KeyMander 2 forum here. If your controller is shutting off it sounds like you need to connect the extra power input on the front of the KeyMander 2 to a 1A or greater USB power supply like a phone charger. Please post your question in the KeyMander 2 forum so we can help.
  • Shadowswoosh
    Hello, I can’t even get my controller to turn on. And it’s not the wire as it works when plugged directly into the Xbox
  • Moderator [Derek]

Which Xbox One controller are you using? We support all the original Microsoft controllers except the Elite V2 since it uses BT communication.
  • Shadowswoosh
    I’m using the standard controller that came in the Xbox
  • Moderator [Derek]

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were using the KeyMander 2. This forum is for the original KeyMander and the forum you want is here. Your problem is a power issue and you will need to connect the Power input to a 1amp or greater power supply. Please join the KeyMander 2 forum so we can help you in the right place.
  • Shadowswoosh
    Sorry this is actually for the regular KEYMANDER. Some times my controller won’t turn on other times it will haven’t found reason yet.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Ok, try this:
    1. Remove the batteries from the controller.
    2. Make sure the KeyMander's Game port is connected to the Xbox One rear USB port.
    3. Connect the controller to the KeyMander Gamepad port.
    4. Connect the mini USB cable between the KeyMander's Power port and a USB power supply like a phone or tablet charger.
    5. Connect the mouse and keyboard.
    6. Turn on the Xbox One and the controller should turn on.

I'm guessing your controller is switching back and forth between Bluetooth connection and USB connection, so having no batteries in the controller will help keep it in USB mode.
  • Shadowswoosh
    Ok that is fixed. But now my keyboard and mouse are unresponsive they work when plugged into my laptop but not on the Xbox.
  • Shadowswoosh
    As soon as I go into simulation mode they are not working
  • Moderator [Derek]

Let me make sure I understand. They work correctly when connected to the KeyMander directly but not when connected to the PC with the Simulation Mode running? Does the Simulation Mode close or does it stay running? Is the controller still connected to the KeyMander while you have K/M connected to PC? Also, check your controller cable as explained here as that is the most common cause for the K/M not responding.
  • Shadowswoosh
    The cable should be working and works sometimes. It’s just hit or miss. Now it stays on but with no response.
  • Moderator [Derek]

I'm not sure I understand, is the cable bad? Are you using the one that came with the KeyMander that you used in the testing or are you using your own cable and sometimes it doesn't work? If the one we supplied is intermittent, we can send you a replacement.
  • Shadowswoosh
    Can I get a replacement I usually have to rest the KEYMANDER when it stops working. Which happens quite often.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Yes, we certainly can replace it. I will send you a message to get your details.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy