How to Use the Active Thumb Stick Swap Feature
The Active Thumb Stick Swap feature interchanges functions of the left and right thumb sticks while an activator key is held. This functionality allows full compatibility with games featuring a “weapon wheel” or “command wheel” that has locations which are difficult or impossible to access using the standard WASD keys for selection. Once Active Thumb Stick Swap is enabled, pressing the activation key swaps the movement commands to the mouse, and the look commands to the WASD keys.
Setting up Active Thumb Stick Swap
To use the Active Thumb Stick Swap, you must first use the KeyMander software to turn on the feature and program an activator key for it.
1. Open the KeyMander software and select the profile you wish to use.
2. Click the Button Mapping tab to bring up the controller key binding options.
3. Click the Left stick control box as circled in red below.
4. When the Left stick key binding window opens, click the controller icon and select Stick Simulation Settings.
5. When the programming window opens, change the mode to On and enter the key used to open the game’s weapon/command wheel, then click OK.
6. Enter the Simulation Mode and test the Active Thumb Stick Swap feature. Pressing and holding the chosen Hot Key should swap the movement and aim controls between the keyboard and mouse, then return to normal after releasing the Hot Key.
7. If everything is working correctly, make sure to save then upload this profile to the KeyMander.
The Active Thumb Stick Swap Feature is available with KeyMander PC software version 1.2.116 and higher, and requires firmware version 1.2.119.002 or higher installed on your KeyMander
. Whenever you work with customizing profiles it is a good idea to export your finished profiles to make sharing easy, and profile recovery possible in the event your GamepadEmulator.conf file is accidentally lost or corrupted.
Using Active Thumb Stick Swap
This discussion is closed to new comments.
Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!
KeyMander FAQ and Setup Tips
Setup and Troubleshooting Help
KeyMander Game Profile Help and Tips
Game Profile Requests
KeyMander Profiles - PS4
KeyMander Profiles - Xbox One
KeyMander Profiles - PS3
KeyMander Profiles - Xbox 360
General Game Discussions
General Forum Discussion Thread
KeyMander Discord Gaming Group
KeyMander in the News
Contests and Giveaways
KeyMander Deals and Promotions
Software Updates - Changelog
Firmware Update - Changelog
KeyMander Hall of Fame
New Software and Firmware Released for Active Thumb Stick Swap
[STRONGLY IMPORTANT] Making certain keys only active while aiming down-sight
My mouse (m55 corsair) wont move around like the right stick
Keymander, Active Buttons at ONE Time
Terms of Service
Useful Hints and Tips
Created with PlushForums
© 2020 KeyMander Forum