• hbtb00
    Is there support for the Elite Controller ? I think being able to bind the extra paddles and buttons to a keyboard or mouse button would be huge in my opinion
  • Moderator [Derek]

The Elite controller works with the KeyMander, but the extra paddles don't add any button functions. How are you using the Elite controllers paddles? We may be able to add support for additional inputs, but I believe the paddles don't add commands, just the ability to reassign commands to them.
  • hbtb00
    Maybe this is a possible add? When you create a profile it asks what type of controller you are using for this specific game profile (Xbox360, Xbox One, PS3 or PS4) in theory could another controller option be created for the Elite controller so we could map it out just like the normal controller ? But with the added buttons on the underside having its own drop down bind option menu. I think that made sense lol
  • Moderator [Derek]

Yes, I understand what you mean, but I was under the impression that the extra paddles don't do anything the other buttons don't already do, meaning they are just repeating or reassigning the same functions and there aren't any new commands to be gained. If that is correct, adding support for those paddles wouldn't gain anything in KeyMander since you can already bind nearly any function to any key. Am I missing some function of the Elite controller's paddles?
  • hbtb00
    i could be wrong or just misunderstanding the big picture but games like fortnite and fps titles that were built for or have a PC version sometimes have more detailed control options , some bindable to keys; whichvwould be where the extra button slots on the interface would come in handy ?
  • Moderator [Derek]

I absolutely agree that extra slots would come in handy, but I haven't seen any games where extra command slots are available with the Elite controller versus the standard controller. As far as I have found, the Elite controller doesn't add any extra functions over the standard controller, it adds duplicate controls that are either in a better location or provide more granular control of the same function that a front side button offers. Basically the additional paddles add a higher level of refinement in control, but do not the ability to have more functions in the games I have checked. I think part of that is Microsoft not wanting to give an unfair advantage to Elite controllers over regular users. If you find a game that allows additional functions to be controlled on the Elite paddles that are not duplicated on the front panel, please let me know. Theoretically we could add software to take advantage of additional slots, but the slots have to be discreet, meaning not a duplication of a function on the front, that way it is independently assignable. Does that make sense?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy