• KingGhetto
    I have used the Keymander before and had no issues, now, however, when I select simulation mode my keyboard and mouse are both not responsive. Instead, my Xbox still reacts to my controller (original Xbox controller).
    I have made sure that all cords are plugged into the correct spots
    I have the latest updates for Keymander
    The cord I am using to connect the wireless Xbox controller to the Keymander is not solely a charging cord
    I tried plugging in the mouse and keyboard into my laptop and Keymander, neither worked
    I have reset my Xbox, the Keymander and the program
    I have tried all of the troubleshooting I have come across while researching this issue

Thank you in advance
  • Moderator [Marco]

Ok first thing I would recommend to double check is the cable from the controller to the keymander.

To check this follow the steps below.

1. Turn on console and connect Keymander
    2. Turn off controller and disconnect from Keymander
    3. Reconnect to Keymander while Xbox is on.

The controller will either turn on and stay on (Good cable) or it will buzz and stay off (bad cable)
  • KingGhetto
    I followed the steps and the controller didn't buzz and stay off, it turned on and stayed on.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Please confirm the controller is staying on when not connected to the KeyMander or Xbox console. If the controller stays on while not connected, then you have a wireless controller and not a wired controller. For Xbox 360 the KeyMander requires a wired controller so the controller data is sent via USB, not wirelessly which is why your controller does not work with KeyMander. Please confirm.
  • KingGhetto
    This is a bit surprising to me because I've used a wireless controller with it before. I do have a wired controller, however, I don't understand how I can connect it to the KeyMander and the Xbox at the same time.
  • KingGhetto
    I have a wireless controller with a micro USB connecting the Keymander and the controller together
  • Moderator [Derek]

Can you please confirm if you are on Xbox 360 or Xbox One?
  • Moderator [Derek]

Ok, for some reason I thought you were on X360. First press F9. If it beeps twice you were in typing mode and are now in game play mode. If it beeps once, that wasn't the issue so press again to get back to game mode.
    Next, take the batteries out of the controller and see if it still powers on when connected to KeyMander.
  • KingGhetto

When I set the simulation out of typing mode and into game mode I was able to control my Xbox from the Keymander (keyboard) on the dashboard, however, once my game loaded up (Rainbow Six Siege) it became unresponsive to the keybinds from the Keymander (keyboard). I took the batteries out and plugged the controller into the Keymander and the controller still powered on.
  • Moderator [Derek]

It sounds like there is power but no data between KeyMander and your controller. The most common reason is a poor micro USB cable, but a less common reason that I have personally seen a couple times is a bad connector on the Xbox controller. Normally I start by changing the cable to a known good charge and sync cable, then try another controller. I've had a few controllers fall off of demo stations (several times) while connected to the cable and then later developed intermittent data connection, even though they would power on with the cable. Do you have another micro USB cable?
  • KingGhetto
    I used another micro USB and controller and again the only thing that works is spacebar ( A button) at the dashboard.
  • ahmbert
    My keyboard and mouse arent working on playmode but my controller is fully functioning and i have my keyboard and mouse hooked up through my keymader going to my laptop
  • Moderator [Marco]

What kind of keyboard and mouse are you using? And what console are you on?
  • Janny
    My keyword "control" button is not working properly can you tell me what is reason behind this. Please guide me how can I resolve this issue. I am getting some error on my HP Computer and then I resolve my issue very well from this link
  • Moderator [Derek]

Please explain your issue in more detail. There is no such thing as keyword control button on KeyMander.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy