• matthew
    i have tried resetting and redownloading but hasnt worked. any suggestions?
  • Moderator [Marco]

Do you get this error after you open the firmware through the software? Also check what version firmware is on the Keymander already. To check this click on the Gear in the top right hand corner of the software and then select the "i" in the circle in the top corner of the settings window. If you show Firmware "117" then you are up to date.
  • matthew
    1.2.116 is my firmware update and i get this a software update error when i open the firmware folder and when i open the keymader firmware and try to update. thanks for the help tho :).
  • Moderator [Marco]

1.2.116 has the same fixes that 1.2.117 has so it is not neccessary to upgrade your Keymander at the moment. But also make sure you are going through the help tab on the software, you will need to open the software then click on the help tab at the top and select firmware upgrade. From there you will navigate to the firmware file and open it.
  • matthew
    thank you and sorry for the trouble
  • matthew
    i have done the update but my profiles are all still gone. the keymander is working fine its just my profiles. i have been using it for a few months now and it has been great up until now. thanks for the help so far though.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Matthew,
    Has your KeyMander software file always been stored in the same locatiion? If now, open the folder where your KeyMander software file was located, and look for a file called GamepadEmulator.conf . This is your old configuration profile and if your profiles were stored there it will have your old profiles in it. SAVE THIS FILE and call it old.conf for now. Copy this old.conf file into the location where your current KeyMander software is located. Look for the GamepadEmulator.conf file located there and rename it new.conf for now. Take your old.conf file and rename it GamepadEmulator.conf, then open the KeyMander software. The KeyMander will have the previous stored profiles in it.
  • matthew
    it has always been stored in the same location. although there is 2 gamepad emulator files but i have tried this with both and my profiles have still been erases. i did uninstall and then download the keymander software again quite recently as it was one of the suggested fixes. Don't know if this makes a difference though.
  • Moderator [Derek]

If both GamepadEmulator.conf files are missing your profiles, then the config file with all the profiles may have been saved over. Try a search for all files named "GamepadEmulator.conf" and see if anymore versions show up. If not, you'll need to rebuild them. Because some of our test PCs get a lot of junk on them from testing other software and we swap KeyManders in and out often, it's not uncommon for us to lose or save over a config file. To solve our problems, after we create a new profile we always use the export function to save it as it's own profile, or export test groups to easily reload as needed. This makes it easy to import if we ever lose a config file or it becomes corrupted during testing. Most people won't see these issues since they usually have only one KeyMander, but it is a good habit in the rare instance something happens to a config file.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy