• Jgilly3423
    So I have had my keymander working for 2 days now. Earlier today I noticed that my USB cord no longer automatically turned my controller on. My mouse and keyboard are also no longer responsive. But earlier I did accidentally hit one f the F# keys and it made the keymander sing. Idk if this had something to do w it stopping working but help would be appreciated!
  • Moderator [Marco]

What lights do you see on the keymander?? If you see an orange blinking light press F9.

Also what console are you on?
  • Jgilly3423
    Xbox one. Okay. So I fixed the original problem which was insufficient power to the keymander. It worked perfect for a couple days and now it doesn't work again. I plug the controller in. The controller comes on. No response. Doesn't even do anything to my xbox. Everything is plugged in properly and the controller works perfectly. This seems to happen every couple of days.
  • Moderator [Marco]

Okay, can you try shutting off the Xbox and then once it is shut off disconnect the power cord from the Xbox. Then reconnect and turn on the Xbox by pressing the button on the Xbox.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Which USB connector on the Xbox are you using?
    Are you using an Elite controller?
  • Jgilly3423
    Disconnecting everything from the keymander and reconnecting everything starting with the power cord and ending with the controller seems to be the fix. No just a regular xbox controller. And its plugged into the USB on the side of my console.
  • Jgilly3423
    Each time I reply the controller the keyboard will work for about 5 seconds and then everything stops working again.
  • Moderator [Derek]
    Disconnecting everything from the keymander and reconnecting everything starting with the power cord and ending with the controller seems to be the fix. No just a regular xbox controller. And its plugged into the USB on the side of my console.Jgilly3423

Ok, now we have found the problem. This means you have an original Xbox One which has a problem with USB output power on the front side USB port as they age. Move the USB connection to the rear port and you should be fine.
  • Jgilly3423
    Thanks brother that seems to be the fix. It's kind of odd though. I've had to work w it a lil every day to get it functioning properly but I've always used the side port only. I actually think it was in one of the threads on here that I read to mainly use the side USB port on the xbox.
  • Moderator [Derek]

I'm glad we finally figured it out and got you up and running!
  • Jgilly3423
    Alright man.. I'm not mad at you or nothing but this is getting aggravating. Ok. So how I originally messed with the settings w the keymander was through the app. But how when I try to connect my device through the cable provided with the keymander it just constantly asks for permission but wont ever connect. Any fixes for that?
  • Moderator [Derek]

Yes, our Android app has a few annoyances I've been trying to get our software team to fix for awhile now, but they haven't gotten to it yet. The first thing you have to do is make sure your Android device supports OTG so it can connect to KeyMander. This isn't something we can do anything about if the device doesn't support OTG, but most recent devices do so let's check the next thing. The KeyMander needs to be connected to your console or to a power supply since the programming port (PC port) does not supply power to KeyMander. Next, make sure the mini-USB end of the programming cable (the cable with 3 connectors) is connected to the KeyMander's PC port, the micro USB is connected to the Android device, and the USB-A connector is not connected to anything. When you open the app it should ask for permission to connect depending on your device. If you accidentally denied permission you will need to open the app settings for the KeyMander app and grant permission or it will not connect. Once you connect it will ask you to sign in or create an account. Depending on your device this screen is small and hard to read so this is one of my main gripes. You'll probably need to zoom in to see the captcha as it is tiny and easy to enter wrong. Once you get all that done, signed up, and activated your account you will be able to download profiles from our app server, but please remember to get the in-game settings from this forum as my other huge complaint is that the current app doesn't have the space to display the in-game settings you need to change to use the profile properly yet.
  • Jgilly3423
    Ok... well until today. Now when I reconnect everything and restart the console the controller turns on but then disconnects from my xbox (but the light on the controller isn't blinking or even attempting the sync w my console). Also my headset makes a ungodly high pitch screech.
  • Prowler
    make sure you dont have any batteries in the controller when using keymander. I have this issue from time to time and always remove batteries and unplug keymander after turning xbox off does the trick.
  • Moderator [Derek]

The headset noise is usually the result of the KeyMander shutting down or power cycling. Try this and see if it stops:
    Connect the second mini-USB cable (normally used for programming KeyMander) to the KeyMander's Power port and connect the other end to a USB power supply such as a USB phone/tablet charger, etc. The KeyMander will draw extra current from the Power port for accessories that use a lot of power like the Corsair K95 keyboards. Please try this and let us know what you find out.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.