• iHop2Hollywood
    I don't know what the problem is at all. I've been working on getting this setup for hours. very frustrated at this point. starting to think cut my loses and return this asap.

the power led just turns on and off repeatedly. mean while turning on and off my mouse and keyboard non stop. I thought maybe it was a Ford or bad connection, I bought new cords so that can't be the problem. tried a different controller, not the problem. and when I connect my controller it buzzes and stays turned on. i wish there was more I could say but I have literally no idea why I'm having this issue it does not seem that anyone else has had this issue? been digging for answers and can't seem to find any type of resolution. it was working just fine before, got it setup started playing than boom. doesn't work. please help.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    also updated firmware during initial setup
  • iHop2Hollywood
    just tried resetting and reupdating. still jist cycles on and off.
  • Moderator [Derek]

What keyboard and mouse are you using? I'm guessing you're using a keyboard that draws too much current, like an RGB keyboard with built-in USB hubs. Please let us know.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    using my laptop and Logitech g502 mouse
  • Moderator [Derek]

Let's confirm a few things:
    1. You have the laptop connected to the KeyMander's PC port.
    2. You have the console (which one?) connected to the Game port.
    3. You have the controller connected to the Gamepad port.
    4. The keyboard and mouse are connected directly to the PC.
    5. The PC is running the KeyMander software in Play Mode.

If all of that is ok, let's check the following:
    1. What version of firmware is your KeyMander running?
    2. Did you update it or did it come with that version preloaded?
    3. Did you have any unexpected shutdowns or power loss while running the KeyMander software?
  • iHop2Hollywood
    I have the mouse connected to the keymander. I can't put into playmode or do anything because it cycles the power on and off. i updated it after I got it to the most recent one available. I was using the sony navigation move in place of the keyboard it was working fine for a couple matches. than all of the sudden the power just cycles on and off.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    it will cycle on and off even with just the controller connected. Xbox one.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    when I plug in the controller it buzzes and stays on
  • Moderator [Derek]

Does it power cycle without the Move connected? If so, it sounds like the firmware has been corrupted.
    Try this full reset/firmware recovery first and let's see if that solves it.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    I've tried different combinations of cords and what's plugged in to try and trouble shoot the problem. I did that reset last night and it still power cycles. I've looked through the forums and have tried different fixes, I charged the controllers, got a new cord. I assume this is an uncommon problem? have you heard of it power cycling before? the led light for the power turns on and off and the controllers mouse turn on and off with it. when plugged into the pc the link to the app will connect and disconnect.
  • Moderator [Derek]

I have only seen a unit power cycle when too much current is drawn. If nothing is connected to KeyMander accept one cable from KeyMander Game port to the console does it still power cycle?
  • iHop2Hollywood
    I did Amazon return/exchange. got the new one and hour ago got it all setup itis also power cycling. except this time it will stop power cycling if I unplug the sony navigation controller. also I called the support line and the guy there tried to tell me I don't have to have keymander plugged into my consol for it to work, than he said he doesn't know what to do and transfered me to a voicemail. he also said he never heard of this forum. I don't think that guy should be working there anymore, wish I knew his name.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    does the keymander not support the sony navigation controller? I was under the impression it did when I bought it. I'm told the xim4 supports all controllers maybe I'll have to get that instead.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    but still doesn't make since why the navigation controller worked previously, than just stopped.
  • Moderator [Derek]

All the IOGEAR tech support staff know about the KeyMander forum, so I'm guessing you talked to someone at Amazon?

I just realized what is likely the problem. Your nav controller is not fully charged, and is drawing power from the KeyMander. Unplug the nav controller and fully charge it first, then connect to KeyMander.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    i called the iogear support. I'm charging it now, hoping that is the problem.
  • Moderator [Derek]

The PS3/4 controllers draw more current when batteries are low, than KeyMander can supply. That is why it is power cycling.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    fully charged, still does not work. idk why it worked momentarily than stopped. I appreciate your help, the guy on the phone not so much. because of that/this experience I'll most likely be returning the keymander and getting the xim4. thanks anyway.
  • Moderator [Derek]

I am very sorry to hear about your phone experience iHop. I wish I knew who you spoke to, because I talked with all our IOGEAR support staff today and no one knew about the call. The only thing we can think of is that somehow you reached ATEN support which is our parent company, but does not handle any IOGEAR products and would not know about them.

In any case, the Sony Nav controller CECH-ZCS1E does work with KeyMander, and we have the instructions for using it located here. If your KeyMander is still power cycling (power light turning on and off) after you plug in a fully charged Nav controller, then the problem is with the Nav controller. That's why swapping the KeyMander for another unit did not solve the problem. If the KeyMander is not power cycling, please see the setup instructions above and let me know if that solved the problem.
  • iHop2Hollywood
    I tried to follow those hook up steps for the nav controller, it did not work and the keymander was not power cycling until I reset my Xbox, but when I unplugged the nav controller it stopped. i order a new nav controller, hopefully you're correct and it's the controller.
  • Moderator [Derek]

If the power cycling stopped when you unplugged the Nav controller, then it is something to do with the controller. Have you had it long? If it is old the battery could be going bad and pulling high amounts of current.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy