• PR0PH3T
    @Moderator <b> @Moderator [Derek] @Moderator [Marco] Imo the following is a hugely important feature considering the keymander was and is build for FPS and TPS, so I hope you’ll take it in consideration to develope it ASAP. (Also forgive my bad English and the times I’ll repeat aiming down-sight)

-

As you know in games like Rainbow Six: Siege and PUBG the player can lean the weapon to the left or to the right when aiming down-sight by pressing the analog sticks. The problem is that pressing the analog sticks while don’t aiming down-sight is binded to other functions like sprint and melee.

So, what I’m asking for here is an aiming down-sight tab in the software where you can choose which keys are enabled while aiming down-sight, an example:

THEN:
    -Left stick click binded to, let’s say, “LShift” (Sprint)
    -Right stick click binded to, let’s say, “V” (Melee)

With Macros
    -Left stick click binded to, let’s say, “Q” (Lean Left)
    -Right stick click binded to, let’s say, “E” (Lean Right)

_The problem with this is that the player can accidentally press, for example, “E” when not aiming down-sight so instead of leaning the weapon the character will melee, even if the player didn’t want to do that, and this is more than an issue when playing a game, even more if it’s a competitive one_

NOW with the new feature:
    -Left stick click binded to “LShift” (Sprint - not active when aiming down-sight)
    -Right stick click binded to “V” (Melee - not active when aiming down-sight)

With the new feature
    -Left stick click binded to Q (Lean Left - only active when aiming down-sight)
    -Right stick click binded to E (Lean Right - only active when aiming down-sight)

_This new feature will bring only positive things:
    1) The solution to the problem previously said (accidentally pressing wrong keys)
    2) LShift and V can be binded to other controller buttons while aiming down-sight, and Q and E can be binded to other controller buttons while don’t aiming down-sight
    3) (And here comes the part that I don’t really know how to explain) Instead of the aiming down-sight tab, there could be a generic tab dedicated to that, where the user can choose which keys should be active while pressing and holding certain keys (in the previous case Mouse right click) and choosing if those certain keys need to be pressed and held
    or just pressing once a key to activate other keys and pressing that key again to disable them (with a toggle): This will help a lot to make better game profiles [Such as Fortnite: for example a key binded to B/Square will allow you to bind the numbers from 1 to 5 to the weapons slot and once you press that key (binded to B/Square) you’ll switch to building mode in the game and can bind the numbers from 1 to 5 to the build slot (wall, platform etc.) instead of the weapons ones]_

Hoping you understand apart from my bad English and take the time to read this and hoping I didn’t waste my time, I’ll wait for a reply, so in the meantime see you!
  • Moderator [Derek]

I've actually quoted your entire post to our engineering team so they can look into enabling this type of operation.
  • PR0PH3T
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate your work!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment