• KeymanderMan
    Enjoying the Keymander so far on Fortnite. Building and close-range combat are great. However, I'm really having a tough time using an AR for mid & long range fights with ADS. When the target is far way, any little mouse movement causes the crosshairs to move a lot which ruins the shot. I turned the ADS sensitivity down in the Keymander software, but then ADS for close-range fights becomes way too slow.

I really didn't enjoy aiming with a controller, so the whole reason I bought a Keymander was to have more precision and accuracy with aiming using a keyboard and mouse. However, my ADS aim is crap with Keymander - I feel like it was better with a controller, it just felt more fluid/smooth. Any advice?
  • pirx
    use same as both for the sensitivity settings, use 100% aim assist and change your ads sensitivity in game rather than through the keymander software, i found that this works a lot better even though i never do those two for any other games.
  • Moderator [Marco]

Can you tell me what equipment you are using. What kind of mouse and what is the max DPI of the mouse? Also are you using our Fortnite sample profile?
  • KeymanderMan
    I thought changing sensitivity settings in Fortnite with a Keymander was a big no no? Aren't we supposed to have maximum X, Y, scope, and ADS sensitivities in Fortnite, and then adjust the sensitivities to our liking in the Keymander software?
  • Moderator [Derek]

As with all rules, there are some exceptions because not all games have the same level of configurability. Your main sensitivity settings should be max, but scope sensitivities, etc. can be played with until you find your favorite setting. I especially suggest this in PUBG where there are controls to fine tune each scope power setting.
  • KeymanderMan
    Equipment:
    - Keyboard: Kaliber wireless keyboard that came with the Keymander combo.
    - Mouse: I have the Kaliber wireless mouse that came with the combo, but it only has 2000DPI, so I'm not using it any more. I'm using another mouse that has more DPI, up to 3600.
    - Yes, I am using your guys's Fortnite sample profile.

Software settings:
    - Fortnite game settings: maximum X & Y sensitivity.
    - Keymander settings - Aim Look Mode: X & Y sensitivities are both 66. In game acceleration: 30. Diagonal acceleration: 90%. ADS Mode: same as Aim Look mode.
    - I initially had separate ADS mode sensitivities, but when building stairs using right click, it would activate the ADS sensitivity, making building really slow. So I saw the suggestion on here to check the box "same as Aim look mode" for ADS and to adjust ADS sensitivity in the Fortnite game itself (currently set to 0.60 in the game). ADS launch button: LT.
    - ADS delay time: remains at default of 120 milliseconds.
    - I have not changed any of the deadzone settings or curve settings. I have left them the same as they are in your guys's Fortnite sample profile.
    - I have tried different displays, moving from a 55 inch display down to a 28 inch display, but the issue persists.

I am getting incredibly frustrated and am now thinking about returning the Keymander. I really want it to work, but it just won't. Most negative reviews about it say that it is difficult and confusing to set up. I disagree with that. I took a chance, bought the product, and found the instructions to be straightforward and the software to be intuitive. I've had no issues setting it up. It has been great from that aspect.

However, its USABILITY is very limited since literally CANNOT AIM with it! A mouse is used for fine and precision aiming - I am NOT able to do this with the Keymander. I have spent all week adjusting and playing around with the sensitivity settings. Again, looking around in the game is fine and there are no issues. However, when using ADS to precisely aim at a target, any fine mouse movement results in crosshair movement that is jerky/choppy, moving several pixels past where I want it to be ("pixel jumping"), meaning that I CANNOT hit the target.

Please help me solve this issue. I am willing to put in more time and effort in order to make this thing "usable". However, if there is no solution, I will be returning it and looking towards the XIM. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.