• xxFrigoxx
    I've been using the keyMander for a while, and it seemed to function properly for everything once I learned how to set it up. But today I got home and turned on my Xbox, when I pressed the keyboard it wasn't working. I reset the Xbox but it still wasn't working, neither the keyboard or the mouse, I unplugged both then plugged them back in and they still weren't working I only could use my controller. The last thing I could resort to, was resetting the KeyMander with the "reset" button, but that didn't work either.
  • Moderator [Marco]

What lights do you see on the keymander? If you press F1-F8 do you here a beep?
  • xxFrigoxx
    So, I tried to fix it by pressing the specific keys you told me, I don't know if they worked, but after changing some cables, and doing some stuff it was doing fine. But now I have another problem; Whenever I try to use it, the keys are all mixed up. Like when I first used it. I assigned specific keys to specific buttons, but now, it seems like it reset everything. When I try to press F1, F2, or F3 it doesn't do anything. Those are the keys for logging into profiles, so you can use the assigned keys, but it seems to not be working.
  • Moderator [Marco]

Is there anyway you can connect the Keymander to a PC or Android phone/tablet to use our software and see what profiles you have available.
  • xxFrigoxx
    Yes, I already did, I have a total of 3 or 4 profiles. But when I press the F1 or F2 keys to use the profiles, they won't work. I think the only button that does something is the Windows button, which is like the Xbox button in the controller.
  • Moderator [Derek]

What console are you using? Did you remember to press Upload to the KeyMander after you imported your profiles? If not, when you reset the KeyMander it defaulted to the stock profiles:
    [F1]: PS3 Default Profiles
    [F2]: Xbox 360
    [F3]: Xbox One
    [F4]: PS4

Please check and let us know.
  • xxFrigoxx
    I thought the F1-F8 keys were already assigned to log into profiles, but I guess now they don't work for me. I do remember I clicked on the small reset button on the Keymander but it didn't do a difference. After doing that I plugged in the keymander into the computer and clicked on "Upload" for every profile. Then I plugged in the keymander into the Xbox but it didn't make a difference. Will pressing f3 make a difference? I thought I already had clicked it, while trying to get the profiles to work.
  • Moderator [Marco]

Which profiles did you upload? Also make sure whichever profile you want set as default is highlighted in red.
  • xxFrigoxx
    What do you mean by highlighted in red? Also, here's a picture of the profiles I have, I uploaded each one when I clicked on them.
    Attachment
    keymander capture (137K)
  • Moderator [Marco]

Looking at that screenshot you currently have F7 set as your default. Select F1 so it is highlighted red like F7 is now.
  • xxFrigoxx
    So, I didn't know how to make it default, so I just deleted every profile, since the only one I want to use anyway is the r6 one, but what is it supposed to do once I make it default? Is it going to work right away? Or do I have to press anything? Also, I just realized that whenever I plug the Keymander into the computer the "Setting" light doesn't light up anymore. There's this pop-up that keeps popping up on my screen when I start up the Keymander app, it says I need to upgrade to the "latest firmware" and that's the only time the "setting" light lights up, when I click 'ok' it just disappears and the setting light turns off, after that it just starts the Keymander app like nothing happened
    Attachment
    keemunder2 (77K)
  • Moderator [Marco]

Okay if that is your only profile then nothing else has to be done. Now if you have not upgraded the firmware on the keymander yet, I highly recommend you do that.

https://www.iogear.com/support/dm/driver/GE1337P
  • xxFrigoxx
    So, I did manage, to extract the files, and "update the firmware" but now everytime I open up the keymander thing on my computer it still tells me I need to update it, even though I just did.
  • Moderator [Marco]

When you open the software and check the firmware version what version does it say you have?
  • xxFrigoxx
    I already updated it, I only have one profile and it is in f1, but every time I plug it in nothing works. The only button that works is the windows button which is like pressing the home button on the xbox
  • Moderator [Marco]

Lets check the connection of the controller, To test the cable shutoff the controller then reconnect it to the keymander ( make sure xbox is on ). If the controller turns on and stays on then it is a good connection. If it buzzes and turns off then it is not talking properly.
  • xxFrigoxx
    I've already checked, the connection is always stable. it vibrates when I connect it, but the keyboard doesn't do anything, only the windows button, which is like the home/X center button on the controller.
  • Reecetyler
    I purchased my keymander the other day and since then I have been watching countless videos on how to get it working, I followed the guides on the iogear YouTube channel but it's just not working at all in game, I need help. Spent a lot of money on this so I want it to work
  • Moderator [Marco]

Okay so the controller does not turn on on its own? It just vibrates? Or does it also turn on? If so try shutting off the Xbox and disconnecting the Power from it as well. Then boot up by pressing the button on the Xbox.
  • Moderator [Marco]

Okay what lights do you currently see on the keymander? Also what ports do you have connected on the keymander and where are they going?
  • Reecetyler
    I see a blue one for power, the power and game slots are both plugged into my ps4
  • xxFrigoxx
    I connect the keymander to my xbox, while it is already on, the controller is on as well, then I just use connect one of the cables that I use for charging my phone to the keymander and my controller.
  • Reecetyler
    I see just the power light on, I have the mouse and keyboard plugged into the mouse and keyboard slots with my PS4 controller plugged into the remote slot too. Power and game slots are both plugged into the ps4
  • Moderator [Marco]

If you shut off the controller then disconnect and reconnect, what color does the light turn on and is the controller functional?
  • Reecetyler
    Sorry forgot to update, it is working fine now thanks
  • Moderator [Marco]

No problem! Thanks for the update.
  • JackW
    my keymander won’t work and I’m not sure why
  • Moderator [Marco]

Can you tell me what console you are on and what lights you see on the Keymander.
  • JackW
    I’m on Xbox one and I see the power light
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube