• Fixeeus
    Steelseries RIval 500 mouse - max DPI 16000
    Standard Keyboard
    PS4 - Using the PS4 sample profile with my edits
    XBOX One - Not tried Keymander yet on this
    Destiny 2 - Only game I own on console

Game sensitivity is set to max. Both dead zones in Keymander are edited to be very small.

Just got the product yesterday and love it. For the most part it's working fine. But I have a couple of advanced issues that I could use some assistance with.

First, I'm still fine tuning the combination of mouse, Keymander settings for getting just the right feel. But I can't seem to get vehicle movement correct at all. Very slow to turn, if at all and the mouse movement takes feet instead of inches. It's as if I need a secondary setting once I"m on the vehicle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, the menus in the game are challenging and they're used quite a bit in Destiny. When using a controller aiming is done with the right stick and character movement with the left stick. In menus, that means I have control of the cursor with the left stick. When using Keymander, aiming and so on is done with the mouse while I have character movement on the arrow keys. But once I go into a menu, I'm forced to use the arrow keys for the cursor which is very cumbersome. Any suggestions on getting this menu cursor to be on the mouse?

Lastly, I've read everything I can find on fine tuning settings for best sensitivity and speed. But it seems the higher I set my mouse DPI the more jittery ADS gets (which is logical). But if I bring the settings down to remove the jitters the character movement is very slow. I've tried the mouse at 800, 1200, 1600, 3200 and have Keymander set to 10000 in the app settings. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Moderator [Marco]

Can you upload your profile so I can take a look at it!
    I haven't checked our profile for vehicles since the release so some mechanics may have changed.

You can have the sticks swap using a hotkey, check out this post.

Try to keep your mouse set to 10000 and keep the keymander software set to 10000 as well.
  • Fixeeus
    Thanks for the reply. I uploaded both the PS4 and the Xbox profile. The PS4 is more complete and I just started working on the button mappings for the Xbox. However the sensitivities should be the same.
    Attachments
    Destiny PS4.profile (133K)
    Destiny Xbox1.profile (133K)
  • Moderator [Marco]

Ok perfect I will check these out!

Let me know if you were able to set those DPI settings.
  • Fixeeus
    Wow, thank you. The post for the Thumb Stick swap was perfect.

And yes, I was able to set the mouse to 10000 with no trouble. It helped the speed but now I have to fine tune the little bit of jerky movement that is the result. I've only played with the sensitivity for a minutes so I suspect more time will help.

All that's left is the vehicle settings. Which by the way, aren't as bad since I set the mouse to 10000. But still slow moving and can't turn fast enough.

I uploaded the Xbox profile again with the current sensitivity so you can see where I'm at. Thanks again for all your help.
    Attachment
    Destiny Xbox1.profile (133K)
  • Moderator [Marco]

Ok perfect, I will see if making a different profile for vehicles would be the best option.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy