• Admin
    KeyMander profile support for Xbox 360 questions.
  • Shietbro
    Upload Call Of Duty Black Ops franchise Profiles :D.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi Shietbro,

Due to Microsoft's lack of support for the X360 we've moved away from creating profiles for it. However, since the CoD franchise is the most popular title I think we may be able to accommodate that request shortly. For the meantime you can try out converting the XB1 profiles to X360 and see how they perform for you.

• Shietbro
    I tried the overwatch profile, and with some tweaking of the sensitivity, I got it to work very well. I have one question.

When I try to play other games on xbox one with premade profiles, they don't feel great, they don't feel as smooth as I would like them. Not sure If the not smoothness is normal or I am doing something wrong.

I tried several games with the premade profiles in this site, but they don't feel smooth. I have fallowed all steps and not feeling like a 1:1 feeling that I am looking for. (I play a lot on pc) after a while you get used to the game not feeling smooth. I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong or this is normal.

Also all sensitivity settings are up on games, and mouse is set to the right dpi. I have the mouse dpi all the way up to it's max. And I am using premade profiles like battlefield 1. And my mouse and keyboard are wireless. I bought this bundle "IOGEAR KeyMander Keyboard And Mouse Adapter Kit for PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 with Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, GE1337PKIT " from amazon.
  • Moderator [Derek]

There are a few key differences between PC games and console games using a mouse and keyboard, but once you understand them and work within the console limitations, you will have a much better experience with your KeyMander. Some of these key differences like maximum turn speed are addressed here.

Consoles have about 3-8ms of latency for their control input with 8ms being from the polling speed of the console's USB ports (125Hz) compared to 1ms for PC (1000Hz polling speed). This normally isn't noticed as much when using an analog controller because the stick's dead zone and ramp up speed slow your look speed anyway, however a mouse doesn't have those limitations so under the right circumstances it is possible to notice some latency.

Speaking of right circumstances, swiping the mouse back and forth quickly as if testing mouse response is one of the circumstances under which you could notice latency depending upon the game and your settings. Games using the higher 60fps frame rate have less noticeable latency than 30fps games, so this is one of the reasons Call of Duty: Black Ops III feels more responsive than Rainbow Six: Siege. Also, since BO3 has a much higher maximum turn speed, your can run much faster aim/look speeds without getting choppy.

The dead zone setting also plays a role here in the response speed versus choppiness. Setting the dead zone lower will increase mouse speed and response, but making it too low leads to a choppy/jittery stair step-like effect which kills long range accuracy. Raising dead zone will feel smoother when moving, but will decrease speed and reaction which feels laggy when making small moves.

The maximum resolution of the mouse also comes into play as mice with higher resolutions can run with higher aim/look speeds before becoming choppy. The maxim resolution of the mouse in your Wireless KeyMander Kit is 2000 dpi, which is enough to play pretty well for many users, but more competitive gamers should transition to a mouse with a higher maximum resolution of 4000 dpi or more.

The sample profiles provided balance all these factors and play well for most users. For those seeking to reach the top of the leaderboard these profiles provide a good starting point for tweaking the settings for your equipment (mouse) and your style of play, so you can get the best possible performance.
  • Shietbro
    I am trying to get a different mouse than the one that came with the keymander, but I'm not sure which one to get. What would you guys recommend with the keymander, like in a range from $0-50, for the best experience? And will the Logitech G502 work with the keymander ?

Also, can I still use the wireless keyboard that came with the keymander even though it has a wireless mouse linked to it ? Can I use the Logitech G502 with it? what mouses does the keymander support ? is there a support list ?. I know that I probably can't use an led one because of the power limitations. But is there like a list of what is compatible ?

When did Keymander gen 2 come out? WIll there be a keymander gen 3? Also, I saw that you guys had a comment saying that there was going to be a pretty big build update to the keymander, are you guys referring to the app that will be coming out for the keymander or gen 3 keymander ?
  • Shietbro
    Thanks for letting me know, but all I did was turn of aim assist and it was fine after that. You should really let people know that aim assist messes with the mouse lol. But thanks Great Product. :D
  • Moderator [Derek]

I'm glad you mentioned that as it was an oversight on our part. Aim assist is normally a BAD thing when using a mouse as it fights against your natural aim. I will add that note to the profile page!
  • Shietbro
    I am trying to get a different mouse than the one that came with the keymander, but I'm not sure which one to get. What would you guys recommend with the keymander, like in a range from $0-50, for the best experience? And will the Logitech G502 work with the keymander ?

Also, can I still use the wireless keyboard that came with the keymander even though it has a wireless mouse linked to it ? Can I use the Logitech G502 with it? what mouses does the keymander support ? is there a support list ?. I know that I probably can't use an led one because of the power limitations. But is there like a list of what is compatible ?

When did Keymander gen 2 come out? WIll there be a keymander gen 3? Also, I saw that you guys had a comment saying that there was going to be a pretty big build update to the keymander, are you guys referring to the app that will be coming out for the keymander or gen 3 keymander ?
  • Moderator [Marco]
    We have tested the Logitech G502 with our Keymander and we did not see any problems, unless they have made a big hardware update I don't think you should have an issue.

Yes you can still use the wireless keyboard just make sure that the USB dongle is in the keyboard port of the Keymander. Below is a link to the compatibility list, but just because a mouse or keyboard isn't listed it does not mean it will not work.

Compatibility List

Currently we are working on a software update that will enhance the PC software and will also have a mobile app available. If any changes are made to the Keymander itself you will just have to updates its firmware to get it up to date.
  • Shietbro
    Thanks for the info :D. Cant wait for the app. Do you guys have a release date yet.?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy