• Matt sanchez
    If we want to discuss what's wrong with the profile it's something to do with the aim acceleration, deadzone and curve settings. When I move my mouse quickly side to side it barely moves. Also the movements are choppy at long range. CQC is hard because of the quick turning issue. I've played with the software settings but couldn't get a good set up. I have my mouse DPI setting set to max on the mouse and I have that same setting set on the keymander software. The problem is not with that, it's the curve and dead zone settings.
  • thatsbk
    Sorry I snapped at you.

I agree the jittery feeling is a dead zone issue. I just noticed yesterday after keeping the left half of the curve on the middle line helped with keeping the mouse smooth when making small adjustments with the mouse.
  • Moderator [Derek]

If the aim/look view moves normally at normal speed and moves very little at fast speed, you have exceeded the game's maximum turn speed as described here.
    The solution requires a few steps.
    1. Make sure you have Fortnite's Controller Sensitivity X and Controller Sensitivity Y at 10. Set your ADS and Scope sensitivity at 10 if you prefer high speed turns when aiming-down-sight.
    2. Make sure your mouse dpi is set to maximum in your mouse's software. If it does not have programmable software, make sure you are at the highest setting on the mouse.
    3. Make sure the KeyMander software dpi setting is programmed to the same dpi setting as your mouse.
    4. Last, if you are using curves you will need to make sure your in-game acceleration setting is minimum or very low because the effects of the curve are cumulative on top of the in-game acceleration. You should be using the KeyMander's mouse sensitivity settings to get as close as possible, then add a curve or acceleration to fine tune the mouse feel to your style. Starting with high in-game acceleration and adding a steep curve on top will definitely cause you to hit the max turning speed.
  • Moderator [Derek]

Yes, a jittery mouse feel is usually one of two things. An incorrectly adjusted deadzone will feel like a delayed or sluggish movement startup and feels like dragging through mud every time you start to move. The other issue is when trying to make very fine mouse movements (like when sniping) and the mouse does not have enough resolution to make fine steps at your chosen sensitivity level. This is where are mouse with at least 4-5000+ dpi helps out, but isn't a big problem unless you are a flick style gamer that relies on very high dpi settings to quickly turn 180, etc. In this case, we use curves to preserve fine aiming ability, but add speed at the top of the curve so the view moves quickly when moving your mouse quickly, like in the curve below:
    wvmrwcnmxs5eb5u9.png
    There is a lot that can be customized using curves, but it all stems from how you play and what you are trying to accomplish/overcome. However, curves should be the very last thing you do or you can take a profile that is almost there and make it completely awful, like taking a great ice cream sundae and putting so much hot fudge on that the ice cream completely melts away.
  • ALEX KENLY
    sounds like changing the curve settings might help
  • Moderator [Derek]

I forgot to mention, that you can copy and paste curves from other profiles to get a feel for how different curves affect different games. When testing curves we typically divide our curve into two halves, the low/normal movement speed setting, and the high speed setting. You have to test and find the point where you start to shift from aiming to turning, but usually that's within a few points of the middle dots on the curve.

If we have a game with a very high max turning speed like Call of Duty Black Ops III, we can make super fast curves like the one pictured above, that gives me low speed accuracy (without aiming down sights) and high speed reaction turning for flipping a quick 180 when someone is coming from behind. This allows you to run and gun at pretty high speed, but a quick slow down with the mouse will increase your hitbox accuracy on most weapons without having to aim down sights. Again, this is something you have to test and tune to your own liking.

If we have a game wit h low max turning speed like Halo, we can create a curve that boosts aim/look speed, then cuts out quickly to keep you from hitting the game's max turn speed limit like in the curve below.
    twvr5d9znjy8771n.png
    Again, you will have to test against your settings to see where the cutoff point needs to be, if it is actually needed.
  • Schleeem
    You're the man, Derek. You saved me so much time on this. I'll test it out and report back.
  • SourWax702
    Wonder if you guys can help me with a problem im having so i bought the keymander iogearbundle for 120 i just purchased a perixx mx 2000 || mouse and i am trying to get the right click to aim but it keeps on twitching /= when i press the right click it doesint want to aim for some odd reason but when i click lt on my xbox controller it works please help /=
  • Moderator [Marco]

Make sure Turbo mode is not on! If the orange light is solid then it is on, press F10 to get out of it. Also make sure you do not have right click set to two different buttons.
  • SourWax702
    Thank You! Do you guys also have a c curve setting ? im not sure how it works or what to do
  • Moderator [Marco]

For what game do you need the setting?
  • Moderator [Derek]
    Do you guys also have a c curve setting ?SourWax702

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "c curve setting"?
  • SourWax702
    pubg but i think my mouse has 8k dpi I'm using the Perixx mx2000|| mouse can you tell me what I should set the settings too?
  • Moderator [Derek]

Hi SourWax702,
    It looks like your mouse has 5600dpi according to the Perixx website, so you will need to set the mouse to 5600 and set the KeyMander software dpi to 5600 also. If you have the software set to 8K, but the mouse is only running at 5600, you will have a much slower response and will end up turning up the KeyMander mouse sensitivity setting too high, which can cause poor mouse performance.
  • SourWax702
    i mean it has 5600 got it anything else that i can do to make my aim more snappy
  • Rocky Garcia
    What’s everybody’s sample profile for the test servers as of now because I cannot figure out my ads at all???
  • Moderator [Marco]

What kind of mouse are you using and what is its DPI?
  • SourWax702
    my mouse and keyboard stop working out of no where it just disconnects somehow when everything is plugged in and working randomly gets stuck and my character starts to run left
  • Moderator [Marco]

Do you have headsets connected to the controller? And are you using rechargeable batteries?
  • SourWax702
    yes i am maby thats why
  • Moderator [Marco]

Take the rechargeable batteries out, sometimes these will take to much power from the keymander.
  • SourWax702
    New update for the pubg settings
  • Rocky Garcia
    I am using a Corsair m65 pro and I believe I am only at like 2000 dpi
  • Moderator [Marco]

Is that the max of the mouse? Make sure it is set to its max and you match that in the keymander software.

Also which profile are you using?
  • Rocky Garcia
    But my max is 12000 and I am using a copy of black ops 3 profile, but I keep trying to get my over the shoulder aiming and ads aiming faster then my free aim but I can’t get it faster it’s so slow when ads’ing
  • Moderator [Marco]

Set your mouse to 10000 and match that in the keymander software as well. The Keymander maxes out at 10000.

Have you matched the in game settings as well?
  • Rocky Garcia
    Yea I have set 10000 dpi for both keymander program on my laptop and my mouse and the in game settings are set as well but ever since they changed the settings In pubg itself, but I had to turn my over the shoulder to 8 instead of 10, but when I ads it still moves slow and I have my ads on keymander profile to 200
  • Moderator [Marco]

So you are playing PUBG? Or Black ops? If it is PUBG try Prowlers profile, it is a profile created by a user that has had very positive feed back. You can find it here.
  • Rocky Garcia
    Pubg hence why I am on a pubg profile forum but thanks for that link his profile is working pretty good so far
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment