• badman
    during setting up the Keymander was completely fine, but when I start to upload the firmware file and it cut out and would not connect to the PC or ps4
  • Mottflyer
    Maybe a problem with the updating process. Did you try re-downloading the software and seeing if it worked again?
  • Moderator [Marco]
    When you were uploading the firmware file did you run it through the software or did you just double click on the firmware file ?
  • badman
    I did that but it didn't work, thanks
  • badman
    through the software, halfway downloading it cut out, I think it's a hardware problem as I can't get the power back on
  • Moderator [Derek]

Ok, if something happens while updating firmware such as unplugging power, PC crashing, etc. it can make KeyMander non-responsive. Here's how I usually resurrect a KeyMander with corrupted firmware:

1. Disconnect the KeyMander from everything.
    2. Take a paperclip or similar thin pointed object and use it to press and hold the reset button on the KeyMander. Don't let go of the reset button!
    cx4uuabrymcuzcta.jpg
    3. While holding the reset button, connect a micro-USB cable from the Power port to a USB power source such as a PC, USB charger, etc. (Yes, I know it's difficult to fumble around while holding the button).
    4. While still holding the reset button, connect the other micro-USB cable from the PC port to the PC.
    5. After the PC port is connected to the PC, wait 5 seconds and release the reset button.
    6. Browse to the location in your computer where you have stored the current KeyMander firmware upgrade file (KeyMander_FW*.exe).
    ttuqbsiqt9ha2akz.png
    Double click to open the Firmware Upgrade Utility and run it WITHOUT using the KeyMander software.
    hbwucs5pmjfwrmem.png
    7. Follow the on-screen prompts until it is complete.
    8. Disconnect the KeyMander's PC and Power ports and wait 10-15 seconds.
    9. Reconnect the KeyMander's PC and Power ports.
    10. Open the KeyMander software and if all is well the KeyMander will connect like normal.
  • badman
    you are a legend! thanks!
  • Moderator [Derek]

Did that solve the problem for you?
  • badman
    yes, it works like a dream.
    thank you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum!

Welcome to the KeyMander Forum! We encourage a community of KeyMander enthusiasts to help and support other members. As a member, you can share and download game profiles, share tips and tricks, and get the latest information about the KeyMander.

By submitting information to us, you acknowledge and agree that IOGEAR will collect and process that information about you in a manner consistent with our Privacy Policy